Hamburger Steak with Whisky Peppercorn Sauce.
You can cook Hamburger Steak with Whisky Peppercorn Sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak with Whisky Peppercorn Sauce
- You need of Burgers.
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It's 1 tbsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It's to taste of salt and pepper.
- You need of Sauce.
- You need 60 ml of whisky (double shot).
- Prepare 2 tsp of crushed black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of beef broth.
- It's 1/2 cup of cream.
- Prepare as needed of olive oil or other vegetable oil.
Hamburger Steak with Whisky Peppercorn Sauce step by step
- In a bowl, combine burger ingredients and mix well. Optionally let rest in the refrigerator an hour or so to let spices combine..
- Divide meat into patties 1½ cm thick. Heat oil in a skillet on medium heat. Cover and fry patties until done, with internal temperature of about 65–70°C (150–160°F), about 4 minutes per side. Set aside..
- Deglaze the pan with the whisky under medium-high heat, scraping the bits from the bottom. Let it simmer rapidly until it has reduced slightly, about one minute. Add broth and let it simmer for 2–3 minutes until it reduces to about half..
- Lower heat to medium. Add cream and crushed peppercorns. Let it simmer for 1–2 minutes until sauce thickens. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Serve burgers topped with sauce..