Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes.
You can have Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes
- Prepare 2-3 pounds of ground beef.
- You need of To taste Garlic powder.
- Prepare of To taste Onion powder.
- It's of To taste Creole seasoning.
- Prepare of To taste Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- Prepare of Hamburger grease.
- Prepare 3-4 tsp of flour.
- You need As needed of Milk.
- It's of To taste Garlic powder.
- You need of To taste Onion powder.
- It's of To taste Black pepper.
- It's of Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 6-8 of medium potatoes.
- It's 1-2 tablespoons of Butter.
- It's of to taste Salt and pepper.
- It's of optional (garlic powder, sour cream, shredded cheese).
Gravy smothered hamburgers and mashed potatoes step by step
- Season ground beef with garlic powder, onion powder, Cajun, and a lil creole seasoning. Mix in real good with hands..
- Form ground beef into patties.
- Place hamburger patties carefully in skillet, wash hands, turn on stove, Cook hamburgers at medium heat. Add a little vegetable oil, if needed to prevent sticking..
- Remove cooked hamburgers from skillet.
- With left over hamburger grease, stir in (with a fork) 3-4 tsp of flour to grease, stir out any clumps and pour in some milk, add in seasonings and let it simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally for a few minutes, turn off heat and let it thicken the rest of the way. *Flour helps thicken gravy*.
- Add hamburgers back to gravy.
- Boil sliced potatoes until soft and easily able to cut through them..
- Drain the potatoes and smash them up.
- Add in butter, salt, and pepper.
- Optional* Add in garlic powder, sour cream, shredded cheese..