Hamburger Steak (ハンバーグステーキ).
You can cook Hamburger Steak (ハンバーグステーキ) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak (ハンバーグステーキ)
- You need 1/2 kg of ground beef.
- Prepare 1/4 kg of ground pork.
- You need 2/3 cup of panko bread crumbs (40 g).
- You need of To taste, salt and pepper.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of milk.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need 12 tbsp of red wine, divided.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 6 tbsp of water.
- You need 6 tbsp of ketchup.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of tonkatsu sauce.
Hamburger Steak (ハンバーグステーキ) instructions
- Mix ground beef, ground pork, panko, salt, pepper, eggs, and milk until well combined..
- Divide mixture into four patties, cover with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to let the meat flavours mix and the fats solidify..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan under medium heat. Gently place the patties on the pan, indenting the centre of each with your fingers. The indentation should rise as the patty cooks..
- Cook the patties until brown at the bottom, around 3 minutes. Flip them over, and continue cooking until the other side is browned as well, another 3 minutes..
- Reduce the heat to low, and add 6 tbsp of red wine. Cover and let steam until the juices run clear and the internal temperature reaches 70°C (160°F), about 10–15 minutes. Increase heat to medium until the wine evaporates. Transfer patties to a plate and set aside..
- In the same pan (do not clean it!) melt butter under medium low heat, and deglaze the pan with ketchup, tonkatsu sauce, the remaining red wine, and water. Mix well. Increase heat to medium and cook until the sauce thickens..
- Serve patties with the sauce drizzled on top..