Hamburger patty. For many Americans, summer means afternoons spent tending burgers on the grill. Mark Bucher, founder of BGR The Burger Joint, and Tim Carman. Portion the patties to fit the size of the intended burger bun.
Shape into hamburger-size patties and fry in pan on medium heat until lightly browned. Crafting the perfect juicy burger starts with homemade hamburger patties. I'm not a burger expert but I've learned how to make hamburger patties that are juicy, delicious, and have everyone looking. You can have Hamburger patty using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger patty
- Prepare of Ground chuck – We prefer an 80 lean/20 fat ratio for the juiciest burgers.
- It's of Crushed crackers or Panko bread crumbs – The best binders for juicy hamburgers.
- You need of Worcestershire sauce – Adds a deep beefy, smoky flavor.
- You need of Egg – To bind all of the ingredients together without drying.
- It's of Milk – The enzymes help to soften and tenderize the ground beef.
- It's of Seasonings: Salt, Garlic Powder, Onion powder, Pepper, or other spices of choice.
Best Wood Pellets For Smoking Burgers. How Long To Cook A Burger. Thickness of hamburger patty, amount of fat, and how compacted the patty is will determine the cooking time. I recommend using an instant cooking thermometer to check on the progress.
Hamburger patty step by step
- First, set out a large mixing bowl and add in the ground beef, crushed crackers, egg, Worcestershire sauce, milk, and spices..
- Use your hands to thoroughly combine until the mixture is very smooth..
- Next, press the meat down in the bowl, into an even disk. Use a knife to cut and divide the hamburger patty mixture into 6 – 1/3 pound grill or skillet patties, or 12 thin griddle patties. Like so:.
- Set out a baking sheet, lined with wax paper or foil, to hold the patties..
- One at a time, gather the patty mix and press firmly into patties of your desired thickness. You typically want hamburger patties to be slightly larger than the buns they’ll be served on, since they’ll shrink a bit in the cooking process..
- Place the formed patties on the baking sheet. With thick patties, press a dent in the center of each patty, so they don’t puff up while cooking..
- You can stack the patties with sheets of wax paper between layers if needed..
- Preheat the grill or a skillet to medium heat, approximately 350-400 degrees F..
- For thick patties: Grill or fry the patties for 3-4 minutes per side for a medium burger..
- For thin patties: Cook on the griddle for 2 minutes per side..
- Pro Tip: Homemade cooked hamburger patties will keep well tightly wrapped in plastic wrap, or in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months..
Hamburgers are usually more about the ingredients you add to your meat patty and bun. The beauty of working with ground meat is that you can add lots of good stuff directly into the patty. The Best Homemade Hamburger Patties - A Thousand Crumbs. These homemade hamburger patties are seasoned simply with onion, parsley, and liquid aminos. The patties are an all-time favorite to everyone.